freakzspeaks

freakzspeaks

Sunday 23 March 2014

Veroba's Family Restaurant @ Moose Jaw, SK

One thing I still can't get in Canada is their various local holidays which I personally felt it was created for the sake of having a designated long weekend every month. On Family Day, my friend and I headed to Moose Jaw for a dip at the Temple's Garden Mineral Spa Resort. We arrived about lunch time, there fore we decided to have lunch before spending the whole afternoon at the spa. Since it was a long weekend, the town was quite deserted and the roads were so unkept (with snow and all and I thought Saskatoon was bad). We chose Veroba's Family Restaurant (based on reviews and also since it was one not-fast-food-joint that was open). 
It looked like a diner that we usually see in movies, only that this had a nicer interior. There were quite a number of customers but seats were not an issue. We were immediately served by the waitress. Hot chocolate to start with ! Nothing special there and looks like an instant hot chocolate drink but nevertheless, it was nice to have one after a 3-hour drive. 
Food was served quick. I can't remember what I had but I think it was a chicken burger with a choice of fries or soup as side. My friend had the healthier option of a sandwich with ham, mushroom etc and a noodle soup as side. Fries seems greasier than fast food's but I think it was home made fries so it was nice. Sandwich was nothing to shout about ( I felt I can make it by myself) but then again, it was nicer having this than one from a fast food joint. Price-wise was acceptable and they have quite a variety in their menu.
Ham sandwich with noodle soup as side
Chicken burger with fries : greasy but tasty !
Address : 28 Fairford St W Moose Jaw, SK 
Veroba's Family Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment